Friday, November 26, 2010

I've added Kanye West's Beautiful, Dark, Twisted Fantasy to my CD library. Have you?



I have taken the liberty of purchasing Kanye West's new album, My Beautiful Dark Twisted Fantasy. My lucky hand served me well as the copy I bought was the second to last on the shelf. Magazines and various websites have bombared me with pleasant reviews of Kanye's long awaited return to the rap scene so my standards have been set pretty high.

Once I removed the plastic covering, the design of the crimson red tri-fold package astounded me. The front solely has a framed image of a ballerina with a filled glass in her hand but no album title, no artist name. The scarcity of the cover sparks my interest and persuaded me to open it to further observe the product. On the inside is a picture of swords, scales, snakes and sceptres aligned to display "Kanye West" across the entire interior.

A blurred image is shown on the disk; it is likely the controversial image of a naked man and a naked, winged-woman fixed together in a provocative position in which one of the woman's breast protrudes.

The cd is playing now but wait... I think a mistake has been made, I hear Nicki Minaj's animated voice. Is this a Pink Friday disk?

No comments:

Post a Comment