Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Is Usher Back?


I have been listening to quite a bit of Usher's new material lately and I must say some of it is pretty good. So why is he not building up Confessions-type momentum? Honestly I do not know the answer to that. I do know that Usher was on top of the music world for like 2 years because of that Confession album. Will this Raymond vs Raymond album do the same? No. But it will have plenty of people running to their local Best Buy and Target.

I was watching the slam dunk contest last weekend and when a commercial break came up guess who I saw. That's right Usher was dancing to and singing what seemed to be the theme song for the annual basketball festival called All Star Weekend. It seems like his label is getting him exposure and he has a spark but he just is not catching fire. The next single for his album is Daddy's Home featuring Plies. The song is good but the video is nothing special. We know that's how Usher really gets the fans' attention is through is various dancing videos (hence "Yeah"). Will the radio spin it to death, we'll see.

If Usher does not return to his R&B throne, someone new will take it because Chris Brown slapped his way off of that place. I am an Usher fan I wish the best for him but he and everyone else knows that if he comes out with another album it must be better than Here I Stand.

No comments:

Post a Comment