Thursday, December 16, 2010

T.I tops hip hop charts from the jail cell.

T.I's No Mercy album was the highest selling hip hop album of the week with 159,000 copies sold, reaching number four on the Billboard 200. Without a hit single from the album, T.I managed to sell this album using his reputation and popular feature names.

The incarcerated rapper's album has a extensive list of A-list features including Kanye West, Kid Cudi, Eminem, Trey Songz, Christina Aguliera and more.

The most popular single from this album is the Chris Brown assisted "Get Back Up", in it T.I attempts to uses humanity to inspire listeners to not give up. The slower tempo song does not have a chance of becoming a hit and will soon faze out of radio rotations.

Due to T.I's incarceration, we may see this album become an afterthought similar to Lil' Wayne's I'm Not A Human Being. He is not available to tour, make appearances on various talk shows and radio shows or album signings. This fact does not mean the album isn't worth purchasing.

Below is the video for T.I - Get Back up featuring Chris Brown

No comments:

Post a Comment